FAQ'S (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. WHAT HOURS ARE YOU OPEN? 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday to Sunday. Hours vary for Sunset Tours.
2. WHAT TIMES ARE TOURS AVAILABLE? Swamp Tours depart at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM. Airboat Rides depart at 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM.
3. HOW LONG DOES A TOUR LAST? Swamp Tours and Airboat Rides last approximately 90 minutes.
4. WHAT WILL I SEE ON A SWAMP TOUR? Our swamp tours are fully narrated by one of our authentic Cajun tour guides. As you travel through the swamp on one of our tours you will see birds, alligators, and the cypress trees that make this area internationally famous! Our captains explain, from personal experience, what it’s like to live, work and “pass a good time” on the waters of the Atchafalaya Swamp (pronounced uh-CHA-fuh-LIE-uh). The most thrilling experience is finding one of the large American alligators who call the Atchafalaya home!
5. WILL WE SEE AN ALLIGATOR ON OUR TOUR? There are no guarantees that tours will see alligators, because daily weather patterns, water levels, and seasonal conditions can cause them to go into hiding. However, our trained tour guides know where the alligators should be, and will do their absolute best to spot them for you.
6. ARE FRENCH TOURS AVAILABLE? Yes. We offer tours in both French and English. French tours must be requested 48-hours in advance.
7. ARE YOUR TOUR BOATS ABLE TO HANDLE PEOPLE IN WHEELCHAIRS? Yes and no. We do have one swamp tour boat that is able to accommodate wheelchairs rolling on to the boat, however, large motorized wheelchairs are too large/heavy for the boat. Those that are non-motorized can be rolled on the boat with assistance are able to be accommodated. Unfortunately, our airboats are unable to accommodate wheelchairs due to the nature of the activity and space available on the vessels. Please contact us at least 48-hours prior to your tour if someone in your group will require special assistance.
8. GROUP TOUR INFORMATION (Swamp Tours Pricing Only):
GROUP PRICES OF LESS THAN 20:
Children: $25.00 (Ages 3-12 years), FREE (Ages 0-2 years)
GROUP PRICES OF 20 OR MORE:
Children: $20.00 (Ages 3-12 years), FREE (Ages 0-2 years)
NOTE: Non-contract tour companies and independent groups will be charged a 25% non-refundable deposit to reserve a tour date. Deposits can be paid by check or credit card.
If paying your deposit by check, please forward the same to:
McGee’s Ventures, LLC
1337 Henderson Levee Rd.
Henderson, LA 70517
If paying your deposit by credit card, please provide us with the following information:
Credit Card number
Security Code (appearing on reverse side of card)
Postal or Zip Code
A receipt will be e-mailed to you once the deposit has been processed.
9. ARE LUNCH OPTIONS AVAILABLE? We have partnered with Pat’s Fisherman’s Wharf in Henderson, Louisiana, to provide the same meal options that were previously offered by the McGee’s Landing Restaurant. Pat’s Fisherman’s Wharf is one of the finest Cajun restaurants in our area. We are confident that you won’t be disappointed with the quality of food and service that your group will receive.
Pat’s is located at 1008 Henderson Levee Road in Henderson, Louisiana. Please check out their website at www.patsfishermanswharf.com. Pat’s is situated on the banks of the beautiful Bayou Amy, just two miles from McGee’s Swamp Tours. If you travel to McGee's from Interstate 10, Exit 115, your vehicle actually passes in front of Pat’s on the way to McGee’s.
We realize that tour groups adhere to a strict schedule. Thus, if you’ve added a lunch option to your group’s tour, we would ask that your tour director provide us with the final guest count and menu selections the day before the tour. This information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.This will allow us to provide the information to Pat’s staff to insure that your meals are served in a timely and efficient manner.
For those groups that are on a more flexible time schedule, guests may place their orders when they arrive at the restaurant.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO: Please provide us with the name and contact information for your group’s tour director in advance. We ask that you provide us with this information in case we need to contact him/her in in the event of extreme weather conditions or other unforeseen emergency.